Covering a diversity of disciplines and genres — from comics, fantasy and detective novels to long-form poetry and illustrated children’s series — 10 distinguished authors provide unique perspectives about their craft, provide helpful writing advice and tips for success, and share their passion for living and writing in the Pacific Northwest.
Each chapter focuses on one Pacific Northwest writer, including:
- Mary Andonian, author of Bitsy’s Labyrinth
- Patricia Briggs, #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Mercy Thompson series
- J. Anderson Coats, author of the historical fiction novel The Wicked and the Just
- Sage Cohen, author of The Productive Writer: Tips & Tools to Help You Write More, Stress Less & Create Success; Writing the Life Poetic: An Invitation to Read and Write Poetry; and the poetry collection Like the Heart, the World
- Playwright Cricket Daniel, whose plays “Helen on Wheels,” “Couple Dating,” and “Love, Laughter & Lucci” have been produced across the country
- Diane Raptosh, current Idaho Writer-in Residence, 2013 Boise Poet Laureate, and author of American Amnesiac
- Greg Rucka, writer of such comics as Wonder Woman, Wolverine, and Whiteout and author of the Queen & Country series
- L.J. Sellers, bestselling crime fiction author of the Detective Jackson mystery/thriller series and the Agent Dallas series
- Suzanne Williams, award-winning author of 50+ books for children, including Library Lil, and with coauthor Joan Holub, the popular Goddess Girls series, which features Heroes in Training and Grimmtastic Girls
- Eric Witchey, whose award-winning short fiction has appeared in numerous print and online anthologies and magazines.
Already got the book? Grab your free worksheets.